Me trying not to reblog a cat post
Seizure First Aid.
Learn it. Share it. Know it. Use it.
|—||Everyone, Pompeii, 79 A.D. (via ahkep)|
Tree struck by lightning caused the bark to explode, effectively stripping the tree
nothing gets me hotter than a good old strip treese
r u kidding me
Have you heard of Ban Bossy? It’s the new initiative from Lean In and the Girl Scouts that’s trying to ban “bossy” and similar words that are used to bring down girls that are ambitious, take risks, and speak up. By changing the way we treat girls who lead, hopefully our generation will someday see more women in leadership roles.
don’t read the youtube comments on this.
it’s already 2014 and there’s not a machine that can turn fictional characters into real peopleyou failed me, humanity
Oh, and while we’re talking about sex-repulsed people:
- It’s okay if you’re sex-repulsed because you have experienced sexual abuse or trauma in your past.
- It’s okay if you’re sex-repulsed because sex feels painful, uncomfortable or frightening to you.
- It’s okay if you’re sex-repulsed and there’s no “cause” for it, it’s just how you’ve always been.
- It’s okay if you feel sex-repulsed sometimes and not repulsed at other times, or if you’ve become more/less sex-repulsed over time.
- It’s okay to be afraid of sex.
- It’s okay to think that sex is disgusting.
- It’s okay to like reading/watching fictional sex but not want it in real life.
- It’s okay to be repulsed by some sexual things but not by other sexual things.
- None of the above things make your feelings weird, messed-up or unhealthy.
- You don’t need to “overcome” your dislike of sex. If you’re happier without sex, then that’s great, you don’t need to change.
- If you want to become more comfortable with sex, or if you think therapy will help you be happier with yourself, then that’s fine, too.
- If your partner wants you to do something sexual that you’re not comfortable with, then they’re the one in the wrong, and they need to stop. Your feelings and comfort are important, and you never owe sex to anyone.
- If your partner wants you to change, or to stop being sex-repulsed or asexual, then they are wrong. You deserve a partner who loves you the way you are, respects your feelings, and doesn’t ask you to change for them.
- You do not need to be sex-positive, or willing to have sex, in order to be a “healthy” or “normal” asexual person.
- Some sex-repulsed people aren’t asexual-spectrum. All of the above applies to them, too!
- Whatever your feelings about sex are, it is perfectly okay to feel the way you do, and there is nothing bad, abnormal or wrong about your feelings.
gelasticscholastic, on the possibility that it might snow tomorrow: “no no no no why does this have a little snow icon on it I reject this”
|—||Me every time straight people talk about sex (via nerdfightergirl)|
So, I’ve realized that I have all these great self care resources that I use for both myself and others and I think having them in one easy accessible location would be useful, although several of the links may be repeat links, SORRY
- The Everything Post (studying, writing, art, makeup, hair, food, movies/tv, music/audio, free books, bored?, self-help, clothing, backgrounds, pixels, HTML)
- Resource Masterpost (converting websites, “daily use,” fashion/makeup/hair, food in under 10 minutes, help for school, helpful websites [whatever that means], how to, life tips, other, photoshop, readers/writers, sounds, tumblr help, when you are bored, when you are sad, movies)
- The Big Relaxation Post (ambient noises, nature videos, databases, just for fun)
- Coping Skills and Distractions (coping skills, meditation and relaxation, crafts, games, videos)
- Recovery Resources (emergencies, finding therapy/doctors/medication, general recovery, substance addictions, restrictive eating disorders, binge/compensate eating disorders, binge ed/compulsive eating disorders, general anxiety, social phobia/anxiety, depression, family/friends
- Self Injury Recovery Masterpost
- Help With… (abuse, anxiety disorder/panic attacks, bipolar disorders, depression, eating disorders, grief and loss, LGBT, self harm, staying positive, substance abuse, suicidal thoughts/suicide prevention, trauma/ptsd, other)
- Hobbies Masterpost
- The Tumblr Guide To Healthy Living (nutrition, recipes, desserts, clense/detox, veganism/vegetarianism, weight loss, calculators, exercise, feeling good, battling eating disorders, “inspiration”) I do NOT promote losing weight for the sake of losing weight, thinspiration, dieting, fasting, or any of that. the list is here for recipes and exercises. I am a strong follower of body positivity and HAES. You are wonderful the way you are!
Food to Make
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Ice Cream Sandwiches
- Banana Cream Pie Cupcakes
- Cookie Masterpost
- 25 Hot Chocolate Recipes
- 2-4 Ingredient Recipes
- Ganache truffles recipe
- Oatmeal Masterpost
- Food On A Stick
- Food in a Mug
- Apple Recipes
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Guide
- Eggless Cookie Dough (for eating!)
- Like 500 recipes
- PB lava cookies
- Reptar Bars
Things I Can Say to Myself When I Feel Shitty
- You realize you’re not alone, right?
- Repeat after me
- Daily Motherfucking Reminder
- Why not to kill yourself
- You are allowed
- You still have
- Fuck yea me
- Owl Loves Me
- Emotional Support Bunny
- I am Cute Too
- Twenty Dollars
- It’s Okay if you aren’t
- Mental Grounding
- I’m a Fucking Unicorn
- Gold Stars
- Permission Slip
- I’m Proud
- Remember the Sloths
- You have Survived
- Grover Does Science
- Just Listen
- Video Game Fail
- The dog who can’t run
- Baby Hippo
- Animaniacs Nations of the World (no longer accurate world representation)
- John John counts with Grover
- Animals being cute
- Classic Paintings with Sesame Street Characters
- Best Song
- Best Moment in Film History
- Babies Experiencing Things
- Dog is Eeyore
- Low-Viscosity Rayon
Dealing with Assault/Trauma
- No is a complete sentence.
- One Day I will have I body you’ve never touched
- Self-care after rape
- Affirmations for different shit
- How to be a friend to someone with PTSD
- Resources for Male Survivors
- Help for Men
- Musicals you can find on Youtube
- Movies/miniseries about lesbians with happy endings
- Randomish distractions
- Websites for when you want to…
- Random distractions
- 10 things to do when you feel like crap
- Free Audio Books
- Education at your fingertips
- Toy Story IRL
- Book Resources
- Disney/Pixar masterpost
- Disney Movies You’ve Never Heard Of
- Free Classes at MIT
- Silky Motherfuckin Legs
- Broadway Musical Sountracks
- Finals Survival Guide
- Relaxation Stuff
- All of Bill Nye the Science Guy
- List of Distractions
- Have Another
- And Another
- No really, I insist
- Just One More
- Emotions Chart
- Calm Box
- Coping Skills Toolbox
- Showering when you don’t have spoons
- Breathing Technique
- Emotional Baggage Check
- Online suicide hotline (not 24/7)
- The Butterfly Project
- Have you taken care of yourself?
- 7 Day Positive Challenge
- 30 Day Positivity Challenge
- Helpful websites
- Degrees of Emotion
- Virtual Hug/Hotlines
- Hotline Numbers
- Panic and Anxiety Masterpost